Teaching Practices Workshop
If you have any questions, please contact Christopher Ograin, UCSB Mathematics Project Director, at email@example.com or (805) 893-5912.
This workshop is intended for teachers in grades K-8. The goal is to provide strategies for engaging students in rigorous mathematical problem solving experiences and investigations.
Registration coming soon. Please save the dates.
Summer Dates: June 26-30, 2023
Follow-Up Dates: Sept. 26, 2023 and Oct. 24, 2023
Participants in this workshop will
- Engage in rigorous mathematical sense-making activities.
- Learn how to transform their classrooms into Thinking Classrooms.
- Practice routines for engaging students in mathematics problem solving activities.
- Visit classrooms (in Fall 2023) to observe routines and problem solving activities in practice with students.
- Engage in conversations about current topics in mathematics education.
- Be a part of a community of developing and dynamic mathematics teachers.
- Jeff Linder, Mathematics Specialist, Montecito Union School District
- Abbey Shaw Linder, Teacher, Rio del Sol School
- Kristy Guerrero, Teacher, Canalino School
- Christopher Ograin, Teaching Professor, UCSB Departments of Mathematics and Education