June 17-21, 2019
Putting Mathematics Practices Into Action Workshop
UCSB Main Campus
Questions? Please contact Christopher Ograin, UCSB Mathematics Project Director, at email@example.com or (805) 893-5912.
The UCSB Mathematics Project is a professional development program for K-12 mathematics teachers and specialists. We are very excited to offer the following workshop in 2019.
Putting Mathematics Practices into Action: A Workshop for Elementary School Teachers
June 17-21, 2019 + Two Days in 2019-20 School Year
Registration information for this workshop is coming very soon. Please check back here. In the meantime, save these dates.
This professional development workshop is intended for all K-6 teachers. Participants in this workshop will
- Learn how to engage students in using the eight Standards for Mathematical Practice as outlined in the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics
- Increase content knowledge in mathematics through rigorous sense-making activities
- Learn strategies for engaging English language learners and maximizing the learning potential of all students
- Be a part of a community of teachers who are excited about mathematics education and want to share with and learn from others in the region
School or District Commitment
- Registration fee and 2 days of release time during the 2019-20 school year
- A commitment to support the teacher in improving mathematics instruction at the school or district
- Full participation in the one-week institute and 2 days during the 2019-20 school year
- A commitment to incorporate what is learned in the classroom
- Jeff Linder, Montecito Union School
- Abbey Shaw Linder, Rio Rosales Elementary School
- Kristy Guerrero, Canalino Elementary School
- Christopher Ograin, UCSB