Leadership Cadre Workshop
If you have any questions, please contact Christopher Ograin, UCSB Mathematics Project Director, at email@example.com or (805) 893-5912.
This workshop is intended for those who want to take a leadership role in improving mathematics education at their school site, district or community.
Summer Dates: June 17-18, 2024
Follow-Up Dates: TBD (Academic Year 2024-25)
Time: 8:30am-3:30pm Each Day
Participants in this workshop will
- Explore the California Mathematics Framework and utilize teachers strategies that are aligned with it.
- Analyze student engagement through Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Visit classrooms (in follow-up meetings) to observe routines and problem solving activities in practice with students.
- Learn strategies to serve the needs of all learners, especially those who are historically underrepresented and underserved as mathematics scholars.
- Engage in conversations about current topics in mathematics education.
- Be a part of a community of dynamic mathematics teachers and leaders.
- Full participation in the workshop (two days in June 2024 plus two follow-up days in the Academic Year 2024-25)
- A commitment to incorporate what is learned into everyday classroom practices
School or District Commitment
- Registration fee of $200 and 2 days of release time in the Academic Year 2024-25
- A commitment to support the teacher in using these teaching practices in the classroom
- Jeff Linder, Mathematics Specialist, Montecito Union School
- Fawn Nguyen, Math Teaching & Learning Specialist, Amplify Education
- Rachel Lambert, Associate Professor, UCSB Department of Education